Top Performing Mutual Fund as of June 2010
Our highest scoring mutual fund for the month of May 2010 was :
- Fidelity Select Transportation – b shares (Stock Symbol: FSRFX)
Here are the performance numbers for the top performing fund:
- Rank last month #4
- 1 month return – (5.5%) negative
- 3 month return – 12.6%
- 6 month return – 31.1%
- 12 month return – 66%
Here are a few other data points for this fund that we believe are important factors to consider if you are thinking of investing in it:
- Performance During Bear Market – 2007 to 2009 : (58%) Negative over period of time
- Performance During Bull Market – 2002 to 2007 : 180%
Again please keep out methodology in mind, here is a synopsis:
- Our time frames for analysis is a little different than many other publications. We do not believe that high rates of return measured over very short term periods is meaningful. Even a Monkey can throw darts and win a over a short period, but longer term results takes strategy and smarts and wisdom.
- We also eliminate funds that do not have a long term track record. We don’t list funds unless they have a long historical record. This tends to eliminate the charlatan flash-in-the-pan types of investment vehicles that happen to get lucky.
- These are the top performing mutual funds, i.e., funds with the highest rate of return when measured as an average return over a combined period of 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and 12 months as of 30 April, 2010.
All the best to you. Happy investing.Mail this post